Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Christmas Eve

We got a box in the mail yesterday from my sister, Stephanie. I couldn't figure out what she sent because we have all stopped giving gifts at Christmas unless we get together in Minnesota so I was surprised to find these.....you can't see the box but they are called Chippers.


What are they???? Chocolate covered potato chips. Come on, this is a North Dakota delicacy considering the number of potatoes grown in North Dakota. If you think they would not taste good, believe me they do. They are salt and sweet together!

Stephanie sent them to me because we had just been discussing Chippers last week and she had a box left over from the ones our brother, Samuel, picked up for their business gifts. Thanks Stephanie!!!

I had lunch at El Sol today with a lady who did a bird toxicology test for a client in North Carolina, where she is also located. In a twist of fate, her parents live about 3 miles from us on the other side of Chandler Airport! We have gotten together the past 3 Christmas' while she is home to visit and they gift us with an assortment of cookies they make every year! MMMM....mmmmm..good!
It is ironic that I have not baked ANYTHING the past couple of years. For many years, I made about 8-9 things and gave food gifts but it seems that the past 3-4 years, we have gotten so many food gifts that I don't need to bake anything and we still have a nice assortment of homemade food thanks to our good frinds and family.

Here is a photo of Hannah this morning!
She then took one of Simon doing his puzzles.
And finally, some knitting. I am STILL working on the border for the shawl. I am on short side #1. I figured out the directions after a couple of false starts. It should block up nicely.
Other other knitting news, I didn't win the Christmas Crap-a-long! Ah well, there is always next year!

I have a few more presents to wrap for David today and put together Simon's scooter that I almost forgot I bought because it is stashed in the laundry room instead of my closet!!! David did all of the kids wrapping for me on Thursday while that big project was still kicking my butt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate covered potato chips!!!! That's freaking brilliant!

I have a cookie recipe that is a sugar cookie with choc-chips and maraschino cherries and then gets rolled in crushed potato chips.

DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Little known fact, that Southern PA in the area around York and Lancaster, leads the country in producing potatoes for potato chip industry.

I don't think they dip theirs in chocolate though, so I haven't been able to find them.

I may have to send you the recipe for potato candy made from one boiled potato, powdered suger, a little milk, vanilla and peanut butter...