Friday, December 09, 2005

TGIF

We have had an interesting week at Chez HB.

The worst, our new baby kitty, Pepper, died suddenly on Wednesday night. He had not been feeling too great for about 3-4 days but the vet thought he just had a cold or something since he did not have a temperature and wasn't worried. Thankfully, I found him before the kids did!

David took him back to the Humane Society as they requested when we spoke with them after Pepper's death. While he was at the Humane Society, he saw the kitty that had been on ABC 15 yesterday morning. They were having a lottery at the Humane Society at noon for the people that came down to see the kitty named Obie.

David has been trying to get in to speak with the Station Manager over at Channel 15 AND our son, Simon, is currently obsessed with Star Wars, Obie Wan, Light Sabers and Darth Vader. Many, many signs to think about this new kitty. Plus, David always wanted a Himalayan/Persian cat but since they are quite expensive cats, so it really was not an option.

Anyway, David was the winner of the lottery and came home yesterday with Obie. I can tell you the previous owners did not take care of his coat because he is in serious need of a bath!!!!

I did forget to post about the nice birthday gift I got from Kelli. It is a needle roll she made herself!
Did you note the K on it?
Apparently I have too many needles in my possession....or NOT!

6 comments:

tocspaw said...

Wow! What a horrific thing to have happen - I'm glad there's a silver lining, though - Obie is a beautiful kitty! We got Tocchet through the Humane Society, and he had a terrible respiratory infection. Thankfully, he was able to fight through it, but he will always wheeze when he gets excited or tired. I'm so sorry you had to go through that... How did you children take the news?

JerseyGirl said...

aww! So sorry about pepper but happy to hear about obie! I like his spot in your desk.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Pepper. Welcome to Obie!

Pam said...

How horrible about Pepper.

May Obie live long and prosper (wrong sci-fi series, but close enough).

Creative Genius? said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the kitty - but I wish Obie a long and happy life!!!

Mel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Pepper. Obie is adorable.