Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Monday in Review

Here is the winner of the Christmas Crap-a-long! Just kidding. I finished the stocking for the lady at Simon's preschool and then submitted this photo to the Knitting Curmudgeon's contest.
The Meadow Flower's Shawl is coming along well. See how small that ball of lace weight is getting??? I was knitting on it last night and David commented that I had been working on that thing for a long time. Yes, 6 days honey. Isn't that a long time for you to spend knitting something?

Yes, if you compare it to the fact that I can knit a small felted bag in a evening but when you use lace weight yarn, it takes a bit longer to make it.

I guess he does notice my knitting after all! ;)

And......Hannah was the winner of the football pool. We had to go down to points on the game last night. She originally said 60 and we talked her out of it because it seemed like such a high score. Um, it finished 42-0! It was about 5 minutes after she got up that she was asking what the score was so she could see who won the pool. Where does she get this competitive edge??
In other Hannah news, she wouldn't wear her new jacket to school today. Why? I have NO IDEA. So she had a sweat shirt over the sweater above but, when we got to school, I mentioned another kid had the same jacket on and she says, "oh, I should have worn my jacket." What?!?!?!

4 comments:

African Kelli said...

I'm thinking the kid may have a bookie. Any chance she's been hanging out at pool halls? ;)

tocspaw said...

I can't believe that's only taken you 6 days to knit. It would have taken me 6 months ;-) Seems like Hannah's got the score predicting thing down...wonder how she'd do at hockey? Hmmm....

Heather said...

I'm hooking up with Hannah if I ever go to Vegas. Jeesh, she is on a streek.

Steph tried to wear a little sweater and flip flops today. Hello?!? It was 27 outside this morning. And this is the kid that blew a fit because it was 68 in the house and she was freezing. She claimed it wasn't cold out.

Katie said...

I love the stockings they look great.