Monday, December 19, 2005

A Wee bit of Knitting.

The bucket from Dad & Linda's wedding gets a lot of use in our house. As a laundry basket, a kid basket and.....

a cat basket. This little guy has turned into such a playful little thing that it is really surprising. However, he is still healthy and for that we are really fortunate since we also lost Sophie to Parvo last week. Apparently, it is that virus which Pepper brought home from the Humane Society with him. I have been knitting just a bit.....I finished the main section of the Meadow Flower's shawl and have now started the edging. It calls for dpn but I can't really figure out why since I am knitting back and forth on the circulars and it is easier than the dpn's. Maybe they think you won't have to turn it so much but that wasn't the case either.
I'll keep you posted on the edging progress. Thankfully, when the edging is done, the shawl will only need to be blocked and two ends sewn in...now that is my kind of finishing!!!

It is pajama day at school for Hannah and she is all excited to wear her pajamas to school and only have to comb her hair and brush her teeth this morning. Crazy kid.

5 comments:

JerseyGirl said...

oh no sophie too! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad Obie is doing well!

Kids in a Bucket. Too cute! :)

Heather said...

Isn't it amazing what kids will play with? I remember Christian getting a rocking horse and all he wanted was the box.

The shawl is gorgeous!

Pam said...

I miss Sophie :(

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am so very sorry about your kitties. I never realized that cats could get Parvo. It is a nasty virus. Take care. (I also am glad Obi is ok.)How are the kids doing?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Sophie. Parvo is indeed a terrible thing.