Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tuesday....

The day started off as usual.....Tuesday at Chez HB. However, there was a fair amount of knitting content going on.....

I finished the edging of the shawl. Here is how it looks pre-blocking. the top is as wide as my wing span but not very long. So...I blocked it and then,

Hannah and I went to the Fiber Factory to exchange some yarn. We also went to the Glitter Box and the Papery, Co. next door. Great little shops in down town Mesa. Oh, and we also hit the Picnic Company for some frozen yogurt.
Here is the shawl blocking. The towel under it is a HUGE beach towel.
I used my new blocking pins from my Secret Pal Heather. They, along with almost every other pin I owned were used to block this baby. It is all those little points.
Last night was a little Stitch N Bitch. Melanie brought her little gnome. Isn't he cute??? She has decided that knitting toys is her thing!
Illanna (in her Crocks), Gisele (not her real name) and Heather (also in her Crocks) met up at Coffee Rush for an evening of knitting. Heather, bless her heart, spent almost an hour ripping back on her Flower Basket Shawl (now a free pattern on the link from Interweave) to find the right place because she had gotten off by a stitch or two.
My finished Meadow Flowers Shawl. Yes, I think this one will be a keeper for me. It is big enough without being too big, the right color and WARM. The lace weight wool may look like there is no warmth but believe me, that baby is quite warm.
And finally, here is what I saw when I got home last night.....a 12 foot snowman. He was hiding in a box at the back of Sam's Club yesterday on the clearance shelf. All by himself telling use to take him home for 50%+ off. The kids have been wanting a big blow up thing for outside of the house so he was the right price at the right time.

4 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

your shall looks terrific!!!! I just love it! Nice work Sarah!

Michellefinaz said...

I am really missing the Tuesday nights, hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks.

the shopping and ice cream looks like a blast. I've been meaning to go into those shops.

tocspaw said...

Your shawl turned out beautifully! Glad you enjoyed the yarn (and the pins!) Happy holidays!

African Kelli said...

Aw, I miss you guys! Your shawl is beautiful Sarah! I can't wait to see it in person. What is this glitter store downtown? I love the M&Co Papery. So pretty.
See you soon!