Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fossils

David is off with the Ron Drake campaign in Tucson today so that the kids & I to our own devices.

I took Hannah & Simon to the Mineral & Gem show at Tempe Diablo Stadium this morning. I was trying to buy some pretty beads but with two winkies, that did not happen.

However, I did drool over this table,

And this one but could only stop to take photos.
There was a "fossil dig" site on the grounds in which the kids could dig for fossils.

Simon, being the boy that he is, chose the spot with the wet sand!

Hannah found this fossil along with a couple of good sized petrified sponges.
They had a nice time before there got to be too many kids digging because parents weren't allowed in the dig area.
On the way home, we stopped at Fry's Electronics because I need a cordless two line phone for my business but the first order of business as we got inside was a bathroom break. It always makes me smile that there is this nursing chair with a curtain in the bathrooom because when I had Hannah, it was tough to find anywhere to nurse except in the car or sitting on the toilet, which is not comfortable. If memory serves me correctly, there is also a plug there in case you had a breastpump and needed to use it!
While in Fry's I stopped by the camera department because there was a piece of sand or something in the lens cover on my camera. I took it out of my bag and asked the lady if they had some canned air I could buy to flush out the piece of sand. She looked at the camera and said, "it's broken" (yes, I know.....hence the request for air) and we don't sell that camera. Yes, I know, do you sell canned air??? Ugh!

We gave up and went to the phone department but they only had one that cost $259. Um, I think I can use the corded one from the bedroom until I find one I like and is not $259. Ebay, here I come!

I have also been working on the Pi Shawl. It is coming along nicely but looks like a big pile of lace here.

I took a close up of one of the "spokes" in the pattern that you can see here.
In other news, Simon put a big gash in his lip by falling off of Hannah's bed and hitting the step stool she has beside it! It is swelled up but has quit bleeding so, he will just look like he has been in a fight. He is such a boy!

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Those beads are beautiful and I love the family shot. :)w