Monday, January 16, 2006

Knitting Monday

I broke down and bought "A Gathering of Lace" by Meg Swanson from Amazon. I had a $5 gift certificate, free 2 day shipping and money in my paypal account from the sale of my bags. It should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.



I am mulling if I should join the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. I about fell off my chair when I saw the sweater she is going to knit in 16 days. I have knit similar sweaters and they take a long time (a couple of months and I knit fast) but maybe if she knits obsessively in the 16 days, it will get done. We will see what I come up with in my future.

I am going to knit a scarf for the Orphan Foundation Red Scarf Project. I just have to see what red yarn I have in my stash that will determine the pattern. I have a pattern in mind but I may have different red yarn in my stash that won't go along with it.

What a great idea to make a child who has "aged out of the foster care system" feel special on Valentine's Day. Even if you don't get along with your family, you know that they will be there if you need them and these kids have no one!

Ok, off my soapbox again. I seem to be up there a lot lately. Please, take my pontifications with a grain of salt!

2 comments:

YarnB said...

Hi Sarah, I really love your website. I didn't know you also had a little business after our email talk yesterday!!! Your site is great and I am just learning how to build one, etc. I hope we run into each other at a meeting so we can chat more. Lisa
PS.. Spinning sure is fun!! (LOL..just teasing you!)

tocspaw said...

Thanks for the info on the Red Scarf project! I have a WIP that needs a home once it's done - this is the incentive I needed to get it finished.