Monday, January 30, 2006

Knitting Monday!

I got this lovely book from Katie as a prize for a contest on her blog. It has some really cute patterns in here and they all look like they would knit up very quickly! Thanks Katie!

Socks seem to be the rage to knit at the moment and so I thought I would try my hand at knitting them again. I haven't made a pair in a couple of years. I found the last bits of a skein of Lion Brand Magic Stripes in my stash. I weighed it and calculated and thought I would have enough for a pair of footie socks.
Um....not exactly. Ironically, when I ended the first sock, it was exactly at the spot where the stripe repeat started for to cast on the new sock.
Oh well, I may see what else is in my stash that could make a pair of footies. You can find the pattern here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah! Looks like you're on a roll! You are the winner for the contest on my blog as well. Please email me sedie AT yarnobsession DOT com to let me know what your choice of prizes are. In case you don't remember you can see the entry here http://haloscan.com/tb/sedie/113829835884012314 and let me know. Congratulations. . . sorry about the sock.

Michellefinaz said...

I can't believe you and Heather. I'm trying to make those darn socks, but it is going to take me forever. I can't wait until I knit a bit faster and get something finished in a day or two.

Katie said...

I am glad that you liked the book. I kept sating that I was going to make somethign out of it and I never did so I hope that you can get some good use out of it. Have a great week.