Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

The last finished object of 2005. It is a scarf using a pattern from Exquisite Little Knits. I used SWTC Optimum in DK Weight and some Bernat fun fur?? Don't know for sure because I lost the band but I knit it is Bernat. I refuse to buy more yarn....so I am working from the stash.


I started this one last night. It is from Shawls and Scarves book I bought awhile ago.
It is called Featherweight Fantasy.

You may recognize the yarn...why, yes, that is SWTC Optimum! I am almost 3/4 of the way through the first repeat.
I hope everyone had a very wonderful New Year's Eve.

We stayed home.....I learned my lesson some years ago during my senior year in college. I was 23 and my roommate and I decided to go to an "Invitation Only" (yeah, they sent out about 10,000) party with a $35 cover charge. We had it all planned and IT WAS GOING TO BE A GREAT BLOW OUT NEW YEAR'S EVE...we left her car at her sister's house in Minneapolis and took a cab, because we were going to get really toasted and didn't want to drive, which cost $45.

We pay our cover on a credit card and realize that we have no cash for drinks (because we were in college and broke) so.....we start walking around downtown and found an ATM. We walk back and have 1 or 2- $10 drinks, and figure out really quick the only single guys were kinda scary so....about 10:30 pm, we start trying to get a cab home. There was not a cab to be had since none of the cab companies were answering their phones so we start walking, again. About 1/2 mile from the venue, we find a cab to take us home.

Long story short? Going out on New Year's is not nearly as exciting as it seems on TV or in the movies. We spent more money ($100+ EACH) than we could afford during our Senior year in college and I haven't been out to a big new years bash since 1991. Truthfully, I haven't missed it especially since I haven't seen midnight on New Year's since 1999 and that was only because our friends would not leave until it was midnight....everyone else had but one family stayed, and stayed, and stayed.

Wishing everyone the best in 2006.

1 comment:

JerseyGirl said...

Happy New Year!

May 2006 bring you much health, wealth, and happiness!

I really like that scarf and the shawl you finished is beautiful! Nice job! =)