Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday

We spent quite a bit of time outside this afternoon and the kids rode scooters, bikes & blew bubbles! Simon was such a little piggy when he came in.....just had him leave his clothes at the door!
I finished knitting the shawl late this afternoon. I added the fringe tonight and tried to block it. I have to tell you, this SWTC Optimum stretched like HELL! It just opened right up and does not look like it will zing back together, even if I throw it in the dryer as they recommended lately on the SnB AZ web board.
Here is a close up of the pattern. It was not bad to knit but in future I will probably not knit anything with this yarn that needs to really be blocked because it stretches A LOT!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great, I've got a sweater's worth of the stuff and now I'm afraid to use it...

Heather said...

Yep, confirmation that their yarn is crap. But...the shawl is really beautiful.