Monday, January 09, 2006

Last of the Knitted Hat Photos

I am done with the hats. I added earflaps to both of them and a tassle or pom pom at the crown.

Again, I don't know why they think they need cold weather wear but if they want one and I have the yarn, I will make it.

Tassle for Simon. I also made the Mistake Rib Scarf from LMKG for Hannah.
She got a pom pom on her hat.
I do have one comment about the time for each project in Last Minuted Knitted Gifts. I knit quite fast and I think these projects were finished well within the "time limit" as listed in the book. Simon's hat probably took about 4 hours total with the flaps and everything. However, I think that the time expectations in the book do not hold true if you are not a fast/experienced knitter.

I know there are blog readers out there that are relatively new knitters but have tried patterns in the book.....any comments????

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Um, yes. I equate 1 hour = 1 day. I am not a super experienced knitter, as you know, but it annoys me to no end that they think you could accomplish most of these projects within a few hours. Either they have finger tips made of steel (that don't get sore after a few hours) or they are on meth. And frankly, I don't involve any drug other than the occasional caffeine dose when knitting.
So those hats take me about 4 days.