Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Knitting Round Up

This photo come my friend Kristina. Her MIL got her this felted bag and a pair of rainbow socks for Christmas. I like the shape, although Kristina says that the lining is square and so it doesn't give as much space in the bag as one would think.
This little "tit bit" is on its way to Texas. I have discovered that the i-cord nipple just doesn't cut it on anything over a B. I had this cute button in my stash and it seemed like it would make a pretty addition.
I got my slutty (I mean slubby) yarn from ebay. On ebay, it looked like it was a dark green but it is acutally more like a dark turquoise, which I LOVE even more. That is 3,900 yards of slubby lace weight.
I think I am going to make this spiral shawl. It is from A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swanson. This pattern is interesting without being too much because slubby yarn doesn't really lend itself to a fancy pattern. Sorry about the photo....can't seem to take a good one of a book with my camera.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I think you should knit yourself up some slubby undies with that yarn. And maybe a little nightie too!

Catherine Kerth said...

okay, i got some slubby cotton yarn off of ebay last year and i still don't know what that word ,means? :) great color! LOVE MY TIT BIT! arrived on saturday and it fits very well! I love it ! My dh thought it was a little wierd compared to the traditional ones i wear, but he likes it too:)