Friday, September 30, 2005

The Felted Bag is about 90% finished

Here is a photo of my bag after drying overnight. It is not quite dry but pretty close.

This was a really good pattern! I have knit some where I am just a little too surprised with the lack of instruction and the assumption that you know how to knit really well.

I didn't have to guess where the straps went after I bound off because there is one row in which you knit some purls at specific intervals and to show you where to attach the handles. Also, the handles are knit onto the bag so there is very little finishing required when you are done knitting.

Here is the bag standing, all by itself on the counter. Nice thing...some of my felted bags fall over and I don't like having to fish my stuff off the floor. I just have to figure out what kind of ribbon or rick rack I want to put through the eyelets. I may even line this bag.
And finally, here is a photo of Simon that Hannah took with my camera. Not bad for a 6 year old. She asked me to post it on my blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The bag looks great! Your boy is a charmer. . . .