Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina.....

I am going to jump on the donation bandwagon today.

I can only watch so much television. I was crying last night when they showed a lady that had gone into labor. She had been swimming through to get to "the other side" with her 5 year old son before the contractions got too bad. She doesn't know what happened to her son! I can't imagine.

And don't get me started on our current shrub leader........................might have to call my Red family members, two of which always call me to remind who I should vote for in Presidential elections. This past one was a lesser of two evils (idiots) situation and I am not sure the other would have been a great prize but I bet gas prices would have been MUCH lower than they currently are with the blue candidate.

There are some knitter's keeping track of knitting donations, if you are interested.

If you donate, email givealittle at gmail.com and you could win knitting prizes, including Wendy's Peacock Feather's Shawl. No amount is too small.

One thing I would like you to note if you give to the Red Cross is to make sure you note or tell them that you want your money to go to the Hurricane Disaster victims...otherwise, it may end up in the general pot.

Have a great Friday.

3 comments:

JerseyGirl said...

The situation down south is absolutely heartbreaking. I want to help beyond donating but I feel helpless. I am going to pick an organization to donate to over the weekend and give what I can. It's beyond frightening how out of control the situation has become.

Heather said...

Oh God...I am so glad I didn't see that. I just sit and cry in front of the tv and then rage about it when I'm not. I think Brian is sick of me. Love the shrub's flip-flop today on his opinion of how relief efforts are going. He must have checked the overnight polls. How much longer are we stuck with him? Can you imagine if he WAS up for reelection? How many votes do ya think he would get from that region this time around?

Chengdus & Don'ts said...

Sarah,

Kathy Murillo from the AZ republic is looking for places to donate knit and crocheted goods, so that she can list them in the newspaper. Can you email her at kathy.murillo@arizonarepublic.com .

I already forwarded Jonelle's email and Heather's blog address.
Thank you!
Kim