Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday Morning

Nothing much to post these days.

We are sticking close to home this weekend and I am doing a mountain of laundry.

I have, however, been knitting.

I made these slippers last night for a penpal (a USPS penpal and not an email pal) I have in Alaska. I really enjoy getting a real piece of mail in my mailbox that isn't bills. A nice surprise.

She is a retired lady who is taking care of her husband who has fairly advanced Alzheimer's. She asked me if I would make her some good old fashioned slippers so I sent her some photos of slippers and these are the ones she picked. The pair did not take long at all to make.


Here is my scarf in progress. As I mentioned, I am using the Feather & Fan pattern. I know it is nothing fancy but I like that it is really easy, as lace goes (only 1 row of pattern for every 4) and it makes this nice scalloped edge all by itself.

The pattern for this scarf:

Size 8 needles
Any type of yarn (change the needles based on your yarn)

Cast on 40 stitches

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K2, purl to the last 2 stitches, K2
Row 3: K2, k2tog (3 times), YO, K1 (6 times), K2tog (6 times), YO, K1 (6 times), K2tog (3 times), K2
Row 4: Knit

Repeat until the length you want your scarf to be and bind off.

I am off to the mall later today for a bit of shopping by myself. I still gotta figure out what to get my hubby for our anniversary. I have no IDEA. I was thinking a card but it appears that he has purchased something and so......it goes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Pretty scarf. Are you using the yarn from Mystical? I have some blue Misty Alpaca that would look pretty in.

Karla said...

Beautiful scarf! And I love the colors! Thank you for posting the pattern. I might have to try that (I knit rarely. I feel so amateur!)