Sunday, September 11, 2005

Someone stop me!!

Another day, another pair of slippers. These were made of some purple mohair and superwash hot pink wool I had in my stash. These things are so easy that I think maybe my little winkies will be getting a pair in their Christmas stocking.

That's got to be a good reason to buy some of that fuzzy yarn at Target. The mohair I had was kinda scratchy so it is good that it was used in the slippers that I am sure will be worn over feet with socks in Alaska.

I think the reason that I knit these so quickly is because it will brighten the day of the nice lady in Alaska. Her hubby is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's and she cares for him at home. She is in her early 70's and he is in his mid-80's. She made a promise to him that she would never put him in a nursing home.

It is tough on her but she has some great friends and family near her that help her to get out of the house from time to time. A good group. I hope she enjoys getting these in her second package within a couple weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool slippers. Is that a free pattern by any chance?

African Kelli said...

Love it. Where did you find the pattern?

LadyLinoleum said...

Hi Sarah! Lovely slippers.

Thanks for the invite to your SNB! I won't be in town until Wednesday though :(

I think I am going to try and meet up with Pam though from your group...maybe you want to join?