Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Morning

Well, I broke down and got my hair professionally colored....as it is getting longer, doing it myself at home is getting tougher. I end up with big streaks in the back when I pull my hair up in a ponytail or something similar.

We will see whether it makes any difference or if my gray comes back just as quickly!

My hairdresser is pregnant and due in March. Congratulations! Arg...that means I need to find a new one around that time unless she decides to come back to work part time for sanity reasons. You Mom's out there know what I mean.

I have been knitting but nothing intricate. I am about 2/3 of the way through the tote bag for my SIL. I made the large size and it is substantial but will work well for hitting the High Street to pick up dinner on the way home in the London suburbs. British people have to shop almost daily because their refrigerators are the size of dorm fridge's!

I am also plugging away on the infamous Lost Points Shawl. It is good mindless knitting but as soon as I finish this bag, I will do something a bit lacy again....I think.

I resisted the urge to go to Fiber Factory yesterday for their 20% off sale. I knew I could not go there and NOT BUY ANYTHING!

Besides, Target is selling yarn and needles (knitting & crochet) in their $1 section. I saw it on a blog and wanted to check it out for myself. They were just starting to stock when I went at lunch on Friday but there is hope........fun gifts or just fun yarn!

We are sticking close to home this weekend. Nothing much going on at chez HB but knitting, laundry and errands.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.


No comments: