Thursday, September 15, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Info

Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

It depends on the project but mostly I use LYS yarn. I have quite a bit of acrylic in my stash that I am trying to get rid of by making prayer shawls and other charity items.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I bought a drop spindle but have yet to try it, so I guess that would be a NO. I can crochet like a beginner but I prefer to knit.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Yes, I am allergic to smoke and most pollens. I can handle perfumes and animal hair (cats, dogs, etc.)

4. How long have you been knitting?
Almost 20 years!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No but the things that would be on it are:
Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Knitting on the Edge
Knitting over the Edge
50 Bootees to Knit

I have no problem with used books, especially if the price incentive is a good one!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and lavendar

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, but it is SO HOT in Phoenix right now that any candy that was sent would definitely melt.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew when the need arises but with my two children being young, knitting is my main craft!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like country and pop and 80’s music! Yes my computer can play MP3’s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are Anything in the green family (green, aqua, chartreuse, etc.). I also like black and hot (neon) pink but not pale pink!

I don't really like earth tones (browns, rusts, etc.)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a lovely husband of almost 8 years, a daughter (age 6) and a son (age 2.5). We also have a 6 month old female Siamese named Sophie.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I would love to win the lottery so that money would not be a concern and travel a lot more!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Wool, silk, cotton, bamboo, mohair, angora….ALMOST ANYTHING!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t like knitting with Red Heart yarn but I knit with Jiffy, Lion Brand yarns and Homespun.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I like prayer shawls and felted bags.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Baby items (because they are quick), felted items for the same reason, almost anything but I don’t knit sweaters much because I live in Arizona and it is too warm most of the year.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Lost Points Shawl from SWTC and Kitty Pi Bed and a lacy scarf.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Hate them on me, my chest is far too large.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular!!!!! I have straight ones but I don’t use them much.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Any of the above but bamboo, except for really slippery yarn on which I use bamboo needles.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I have knit socks but I am not obsessive about it.

22. How did you learn to knit?
While I lived in Norway in 1987.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
11 years. It is a vest for an ex-ex-ex boyfriend and although my hubby would like it, there is a bad karma about it SO it is about to be frogged!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Don’t have a favorite animated character but I like Gimbel’s Quail.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Nothing but too much yarn!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yes, they are on the Amazon list.
Knitting on the Edge
Last Minute Knitted Gifts
50 Bootees to Knit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from your Secret Pal! I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you and spoil you with goodies over the next few months!