Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

AND thank you to all the service Men & Women serving our country! I certainly do appreciate all you have done to make the USA what it is!

The Veteran's Group out where Dad & Linda live had a Memorial Service for the Veteran's today. My Dad served as part of the color guard to raise the flag from 1/2 staff to full staff at 11:00 am.

There is Dad in the baseball cap in the middle of the photo.

Here is Dad raising the flag to full staff.


And after it has been raised.
I am so proud of Dad! Thank you to Dad & Linda for inviting us. After the BBQ, we saw a very good film from National Geographic about Arlington National Cemetary. It was really interesting.

I was talking to Dad about how I felt when I returned to the USA from Norway. I have always been patriotic but when I saw the flag as I was pulling into JFK in New York on my way home from Oslo in 1988, I can still remember the pride and the amazing feeling running through me when I saw Old Glory.

Dad said he had a similar feeling when he returned from Vietnam via Hawaii & San Diego.

Thank you to all the Veteran's for fighting to make the United States what it is today. This includes Linda & my brother, Matthew!

No comments: