Monday, May 15, 2006

Icarus Shawl

My photographer, Hannah, was taking photos this morning and took this pretty one of my roses that have opened up so nicely.

Grandpa & Grandma Linda came over for dinner last night and we had a really nice time, as always, with them.
I started my Icarus shawl last night during the finale of Survivor. It is a pretty easy pattern once you get into the groove of the main section. My only mishap was this morning, when I went to answer the telephone, my lovely son pulled the needle out of about 25ish stitches. Thankfully, I was able to tink back and get it back on track.
I finished the knitting of the baby sweater. I just have to weave in the ends and reweave some ends I wove in while knitting because I put them on the WRONG (actual right) side.

5 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

oh, it is going to look beautiful! love the flowers... happy belated mothers day ;)

The Queen said...

I just picked up lace weight for that same shawl. I'm hoping you have NO problems with the pattern and then will available for ALL my questions -- since I'm a lace shawl virgin.

Miss Amy said...

Those roses are gorgeous! They almost look like silk roses in the pic. Can't wait to see pics of the baby sweater. C-ya.

African Kelli said...

Beautiful Sarah. I can't wait to see it when it is done!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shawl, you made me subscribe on the Interweave Knits, so no I'm looking forward to get the magazine. I just have to try that shawl. I hope you will post some photos of the progress. And I love the colour you have chosen.