Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

To all the Mother's, Grandmother's and wonderful women in our lives that are like Mom's, Daughter's & Grandma's.

I think part of being a Mom makes your realize that what you imagine is NOT what you actually get most days. I had visions of sleeping through until 7 am, which is like 10 am for most people. I have not slept past 6:30 am (a VERY VERY late day) in a very long time. I have been waking up between 5-6 am most of my adult life. Of course, it is for that same reason that I have no problem what so ever, going to bed a 8pm if I am tired...even in college, except for the year I turned 21 and they no longer carded me at the bar because I was a bit of a regular. Yep, scary in a college town but I digress......

This morning was no different. My personal alarm clock, Simon, woke me up at 5:20 am as he was crawling into bed with us. It is a double edged sword. Early mornings are my favorite time of day and a favorite time with my winkies. They have the sleep still in their eye's and are all cuddly.

There is also a part of me that knows my babies will grow up before I know it and not want any part of me, at all and Lord knows, no cuddles in my future once that happens.

So, Simon was quite and snuggly until about 6 am and then Hannah came in too. We had a nice cuddle all around and everyone took off to do their "Mother's Day" festivities.

I got tea (PG Tips) and toast in bed along with my favorite parts of the paper, any magazine Simon could find that he thought I'd like to read in the house and THIS:

I really like this book. It is a fun read and it has useful, every day patterns in it. There are a lot of knitting books that make me think I want them but when they come, um...they have maybe one pattern I would actually knit. However, this one has a lot of basic but fun patterns that can be used with any type of yarn you have around in your stash. LOVE IT!

I also got a homemade flower from Simon, a lovely homemade card & flower from Hannah and this gorgeous bracelet from Hannah. I have been wearing it all day.
As I write this, Hannah is out swimming in the pool while David does the pool chemicals and all that to the pool. I really think she will finally be swimming by the end of summer.

I am almost finished with the baby sweater. I only have the left front to do and then I am done knitting and can start my shawl for the Amazing Lace.

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day. My Number Guy let me sleep in today, too.

tocspaw said...

Sounds like it's been a terrific day! Happy Mother's Day to you!