Saturday, May 06, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like almost any yarn. Right now I am in LOVE with Misti Alpaca. I would like to try Koigu, just once. I knit with acrylic yarn (there is a time and a place for it) but prefer natural fibers most of the time.

I can’t seem to master mohair. Too scratchy and sticky.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my needles in a box and inside that box are three needle rolls made of pretty, quilted fabric.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting nearly 20 years. I learned in 1987!!! I would say I am an advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I don’t have an Amazon wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like lavender, lemon & vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love candy & chocolate. However, since my mailbox is currently 90+ degrees so chocolate is NOT a good idea.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don’t spin but I do sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like 80’s music, pop and country. Yes, my computer, ipod and mp3 players all play music! ;)

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I LOVE any shade of green & turquoise. I like reds, hot pink, blue and purple. I am not must on light pink or browns. As I rule, I am not a huge fan of orange (unless it is bright) brown, rust, etc.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married to my hubby of almost 9 years, David and have two winkies, Hannah (7 yo) & Simon (almost 4 yo). We also have a long haired Himalayan cat named Obie.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
None of the above. I live in Arizona and wear sandals/flip flops 10 months a year.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now I am loving lace shawls. They are pretty, interesting and warm but surprisingly small for travel.

Of course, I like the patterns which have a knit or purl row every other row. With two little ones, knitting a fancy pattern EVERY row would probably kill me!

13. What are you knitting right now?
Baby sweater, a second sock, two pi shawls and one lace stole.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love them!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles. If I knit with straight needles, they must be the “short” ones, less than 12 inches.

I like aluminum/metal needles but do like the new Bryspun plastic dpn’s.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both a ball winder and a swift so hanked yarn is OK!

17. How did you learn to knit?
I learned to knit while living in Norway in 1987 as an exchange student.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

12 years. A vest that is 99% finished. However it was for a very EX boyfriend and will be frogged for the wool!

19. What is your favorite holiday?I like the 4th of July.

20. Is there anything that you collect?Yarn, yarn & more yarn!

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I keep eyeing Knitting over the Edge and Knitting on the Edge but never buy them.

I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
None that I can think of at the moment.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks from time to time.

10.25 inches long (women’s size 10)
9 inches around at the widest part of my instep

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Dec. 17

3 comments:

The Queen said...

May your secret pal treat you very, very well. I got an e-mail from mine this morning (and sent one out to my secret pal last night). My spoilee hasn't responded but I think I'm already working on a little crush on my spoiler.

African Kelli said...

Love it! I always learn more about my friends through these sorts of things.

Anonymous said...

Hi thanks for stopping by. love those baby kimono`s so cute!