Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Some back yard photos.....

My hubby's new Grill-Zebo from Sam's Club. Hopefully, we will use the grill this weekend! ;)

A wee bit o' Project Spectrum May. This prickly pair started out as one pad with 3 ears. It is now this plant and one other one in the yard. We ignore it and look what happens.
Every year we get a huge load of these "babies" as Simon & Hannah call them. It is so sweet when I see Simon out there going, "Look at the little babies".

They eventually flower and if they get pollenated they drop to the ground and give us a whole bunch of cactus pieces like we have below the pot.

So, can anyone guess how much time I spent on the couch with Simon yesterday?

I have 3 more stripes left on the left side and then I am going to (gasp) crochet a single crochet edge around the whole thing to make a nice finished edge. I might need some remedial crochet guidance either from my Dad or Pam.

Boy is it nice to finish a project in a couple of days. I gotta quit knitting all my stuff from lace weight yarn on size 3 or 5 needles! They take FOREVER.

I think I am over Pi shawls for the same reason!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Michelle from knitalittle. Thought I would up date you on the sock pattern you asked about. I have changed a pattern to better fit me. It started out as His-her crew and knee socks by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts( Interweave knits spring 2002 page 86-88) If you want the changes I can give them to you. I like the pattern, it is the only toe up sock I have been able to master. I like your blog. I'll be back. Happy knitting

Catherine Kerth said...

looks awesome! wow, you must have been on that couch a while with the poor guy :( is he feeling better?

Anonymous said...

I love that Prayer Shawl! I'm always on the lookout for new ways to knit Prayer Shawls.

Your SP8

Anonymous said...

Nce to have a look in you backyard, I do believe that there are only cactus that's growing in Arizona, he he. Did you get my mail??

My husband is out cleaning up our backyard today, the grass is growing everywhere, and there are a lot of things that the snow this winter has been hiding.
Nice blanket you are doing, have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Nice backyard, and the blanket looks fine.

Did you get my mail??

Have a nice day in the sun.

Anonymous said...

A good thing can never be said or asked too much, sorry 'bout the double posting *blush*

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I couldn't get your e-mail to work so I'm leaving you this message. I'll write down the footie pattern and get it to you as soon as I can. I have my oldest daughters confermation this weekend so I'll be a bit busy. Love your yard. I wanted a prickly pear but with 5 kids one will get hurt on them. I'll just admire yours. Talk to you soon.
Michelle