Saturday, March 11, 2006

It is RAINING!

I remember the first time it rained after I moved to Phoenix in February 1995. It must have been maybe in March or April but I put my swimsuit on and was running around my apartment complex in the rain. It was GLORIOUS.

It is raining right now and it is a fantastic sound. However, it might be a bit soggy tomorrow when we go to the Ostrich Festival but, hey, everyone is washable.

This is how far I got on the shawl last night. I am using Catherine's stitch markers.

The pattern is easy to follow but I am definitely glad that I started with a scarf. I have always avoided mohair for lacy patterns but figured I could probably do it for a scarf since it is less than 300 yards. Of course, the problem with knitting lace on fuzzy yarn...can't see the pattern in photos. I can see it if I stretch it and I think it will be fine when blocked.

Finished the sock...on fumes but is stretches enough to fit so that is fine and I don't have any little pieces of yarn floating around the house with no home or project.

3 comments:

JerseyGirl said...

I think we're supposed to have warmer weather today than PHX! Crazy!! It was 72 and sunny yesterday. I'm sure we'll get hit w/a big nasty blizzard next weekend but for now I'm loving this nice weather.

I liked your colorful socks. I'll have to take a picture of the socks I got from andy's mom for xmas next time I wear them.

Enjoy the weekend!

tocspaw said...

Isn't it nice to finally hear the raindrops?? Your scarf looks beautiful so far...

Catherine Kerth said...

it is going to be breath taking! can't wait to see the FO.... those sure are pretty stitch markers ;)