Saturday, March 11, 2006

To the FROG Pond We Go!!!

This picture was shortly before I tried to take it apart. Somehow, from last night to this morning, I lost 3 stitches. I tinked back 3 rows and was still off so.....I decided to frog. I had heard putting mohair in the freezer helped its stickiness when frogging but, um, that wasn't quite true. I got 2/3 of it ripped out and it would go no further so, I had to throw it away.


Thankfully, the Feza Kid Mohair has about 45 yards more than what the pattern calls for so I should still be ok yarn wise. I like the pattern but HATE mohair for lace knitting. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT. I will definitely try the pattern again but maybe with some lace wieght I currently have that isn't so fuzzy.

While the kids & I were at Sam's Club, they saw this house for sale. They went and played in it and hinted it would be a lot of fun. Guess how much it was???
$1,400!!!!!!!!!! Do you know that thing would be like a sauna in the summer and I highly doubt they would get $1,400 worth of fun out of it. Of course, it is probably water proof so we could use it as a fancy storage shed when they were done but still.

2 comments:

tocspaw said...

Oh, it looks so forlorn there in the freezer...sorry the yarn is giving you a hard time! I have had a similar experience with mohair, but it's so pretty I keep trying...

Erica Bunker said...

I saw that same playhouse in my Sam's Club just the other night. It almost took an act of God to get my 8 yr old out of it. She wanted to know why we couldn't just load it up and take it home. I told her that we could forgo the mortgage payment and buy it and all live in it!