Monday, March 06, 2006

Random Monday

Ever want to be lazy and use a cake mix but then KNOW that you and your family can't eat a whole cake? Well, while I was talking to a friend, she mentioned that she just would use 1/2 a cake mix and save the rest for later. What a great idea. So, Saturday afternoon, I did just that. I weighed 1/2 the mix and made the Pineapple Upside Down cake. We will probably have one later this week when Dad & Linda come for a visit.


I finished my second sock last night during the BORING Oscar Award Show. I personally wanted to watch Footballer's Wives but.........got overruled so it is on Tivo tonight.

This sock took 2/3 of the first ball so I will probably have enough for a pair of footies from two balls. This yarn has 250 yards per skein.

Finally, I HATE IT when I buy pants with slash pockets that fit in every other way but the pockets pooch out and draw attention to your saddle bags. I never understand this because I see the same thing happen in women that are quite slim....the pockets pooch out.
Yesterday, I sewed down the pockets on the 3 new pairs of pants I got last weekend. What a huge difference. Crazy thing? The pockets were so short you could not have put anything in them and expect the item to stay in your pocket.

I learned that little tip from the every annoying (thank goodness for Tivo so I can buzz through the bad parts) US television show "What Not to Wear".

5 comments:

African Kelli said...

That cake looks delish! Such a smart idea about splitting the mix.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cake looks so yummy! And the sock is getting along perfectly, great work!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good pants tip! Always looking for those.

Anonymous said...

May I recommend Small-Batch Baking by Debby Maugans Nakos. It's great at giving you just a little bit of desserts, and most of them can be made in our toaster oven!

Michellefinaz said...

Everything you did looks awesome, the cake, the pants and the sock.