Sunday, March 19, 2006

Meadow Stream Scarf Update

I went to the Fiber Factory on Friday to get some yarn for some Easter bags I am going to make for an upcoming luncheon.

I also picked up a skein of Misti Alpaca.
Image hosting by Photobucket
To make the Meadow Stream Scarf. I can knit lace, I just can't seem to do it in mohair! Plus, when I put the mohair to my skin, it was really scratchy.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This is going to be a birthday gift for my Mom. So....Naomi, if you are looking at this, please don't show Mom while she is out visiting you!!! Some day, after blocking, it will look something like the photo above.
Image hosting by Photobucket I am also using some flexible size 6 needles I know I picked up in a second hand store. They are MUCH shorter than the other size 6's I was using when I tried with mohair. I don't mind straight needles for some things but I HATE the long "Granny Needles" that seem so heavy and unwieldy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to substitute Misti Alpaca. That's one of my favorite yarns.