Friday, March 24, 2006

New Look, Some Knitting and Random Thoughts

As you can tell, I am in the process of updating my template. After talking with some of the gals at SnB and putting this template in the blogger template changes and getting huge errors and then going back to the original, I let the ideas float around in my head. It is a scary place sometimes but usually, when I do that, I suddenly see "how" it should work. And then, I tried what I thought would work, and it did. The biggest thing I learned from Pam & Heather, copy your sidebar BEFORE you change the template so if it gets messed up, you can past it back in, oh, and Blogger has this cool thing in which you can preview your blog before you make the changes permanent and if it is really messed up, don't save the changes and just go back to what you had before the tinkering.

The colors and size of the fonts are a work in progress. I love the pink background....of course, I jump on Lolly's Project Spectrum of pink at the END of March. Hmmm, now I have to figure out how to change the pink to orange next week. I think Pam put me on the right track for that endeavor.
I knit another turquoise bag and am almost done with Mom's scarf. I could take a photo but it looks the same as the other onese on the blog except longer.

Kids are on spring break and bored out of their gourds. Hannah was home yesterday and went through a pre-teen phase where she announced that I don't care about her or love her. Oh my goodness, if this a preview of the teen years, I am going to need to be seriously medicated.

I will probably knit a couple bags over the weekend and I have some sewing to do. Sshhh...don't tell anyone. Plus, I am going to buy some decorative storage boxes for client files that seem to be piling up around my office floor because the filing cabinets & bookshelf is already full. I think I saw some cute ones out at Joann's.

I should pick up another bin for my yarn too. We will see how this whole organizational thing goes because truthfully, I am not the tidiest person on the planet as my hubby will tell you.

And finally, a happy birthday goes out to my sister, Leigh, in San Jose today. I won't tell you how old she is but she is going to have lobster tails for dinner, sushi for lunch and a decadent chocolate brownie creation for dessert. A good food day all around.

6 comments:

renee said...

The format looks really cool - good job!

Heather said...

Looking good so far! Ahh...teenagers. It gets better. When they are like 30 I think.

Nik said...

Now, how come my felted purse couldn't come out as cute as yours *lol*

I like the new blog design too. Cool. and that was some good advice about copying the sidebar stuff BEFORE the change. It can be a pain to try to enter all that stuff over again.

tocspaw said...

Congrats on the blog change! It's looking good!

YarnB said...

Hi Sarah, I am so behind on blogging! Just wanted to say hello! Blogger is interesting to work with, isn't it!
Hope to see you soon! I really am going to come to your St N B sometime!

Michellefinaz said...

I really like all of the colors, awesome