Monday, March 27, 2006

Sunday in Review

I went to the Chandler Fashion Mall yesterday....ALONE. All my short sleeved t-shirts were so disgusting at the end of last summer that they all went in the trash so, I needed some more since it was something like 80 F yesterday.

This is the scene inside the Coach store. That was the line to check out and it was a double line. Wow, they were either having a sale OR there are a lot of people out there that are willing to pay a lot of money for a teeny tiny handbag.
I finished the scarf last night and this is going to be a photo heavy lace blocking kind of post.

Here it is BEFORE BLOCKING. Tiny, really.
Mid-blocking. I always find it so cool the way lace blooms when you block it. Y Ou can see how small it was when wet while I was blocking it. I had to lock the cat out of our room last night so it would dry.
In repose in the front yard. I know my neighbor wondered what the hell I was doing putting some scarf on the lantana.
Close up of the end bit.
Requisite dorky photo in my car window reflection. It is definitely long enough to go around the neck and over the shoulder.

I did 18 repeats instead of the 14 it called for in the pattern. I think I will use the leftover yarn for a pair of Mrs. Beeton from Knitty.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!!! I started one then had to frog. Hopefully will get to restart the scarf this week~!

Heather said...

Gorgeous! I love the color and it really blocked out great.

Saun said...

It looks so nice on you and I like the color.

I have a thing for Coach bags but I haven't paid full price for one in years. Between the outlets and my sister working there during the holidays, I could never imagine paying full price again.

Michellefinaz said...

I love the scarf, it is beautiful. I can't believe that line in the Coach store. I love Coach bags, but I buy mine on eBay. Did you find cool shirts at the mall? If not, I scored a bunch at Ross (Power and Ray). Cute capris also.

African Kelli said...

Check out your fancy new site design! I dig it. And hello -- no trash talking the Coach. I love that store.

Catherine Kerth said...

I LOVE IT! and i like your lantana too :) reminds me of my mom's yard! love the new look on your bog too;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this turned out so gorgeous, and I love the color you chose! Great blocking job done too!