Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF

It has been one of those weeks. The computer transfer DID NOT go well. In a nutshell, I have the old one and David has the new one. For some reason, when I am logged into my computer as me, it is fine but when I log in as him, the Microsoft stuff refuses to work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired...whole 9 yards and it doesn't make any difference. I might totally reformat the whole hard drive and start over when I am bored in the next few weeks. Good thing I have an external hard drive to back everything up!

I started these socks last night.

The ones I made with the Knitpicks Sock Landscape are nice but that yarn is pretty thick! They may be gifted to someone in a colder climate so they get lots of use around the house. You know me, can't hang on to my knitted stuff to save my life! ;)

This is some fingering weight yarn I bough from Mystical Creation Yarns. It is the Merino Wool in Blue Ice. For $18.50 the 1750 yards has made a Faroese Shawl , a Feather & Fan scarf and now a pair of socks. I have been thinking about ordering from her again! The yarn is hand dyed and gorgeous. I think with shipping it was $24.


This baby hat is going to a new home this morning. The buyer is coming over to pick the set up any minute. More $$ to use to buy fiber related stuff.
And finally, dinner last night. As we were plating up the plate just looked so pretty.
It is oven baked Tilapia breaded in panko mixed with seasoning. It is then baked at 350 F for 20ish minutes. The potatoes are left overs from the week that were pan fried with tons of garlic and steamed veggies. I love these plates I got from my Grandma. They are old Anchor Hocking Lusterware from the 1970's I would guess. We don't have a full set but we have quite a few pieces and one of these days I will hit some "antique" shops and see if I can find some more pieces to complete the set.

2 comments:

JerseyGirl said...

You know orange and me...we get along well. That plate is beautiful! The plate itself and the food presentation. I get made fun of for taking pictures of my food...I'm glad someone else does it, too.

Sorry about the computer woes! That blows. Not fair that David now has the nice new computer! Hopefully you can figure out how to fix the issue. Freakin Microsoft.

And as a treat for you working so hard this week, go out and buy yourself some new yarn. You deserve it! :)

African Kelli said...

That food looks so good! You are making me hungry.