Friday, February 03, 2006

Knitting & Dyeing Friday

I tried to dye the Oasis yesterday and it did dye ok, but not the color that I had in my mind.

I first wound into hanks using a chair. You see Obie chasing the yarn!

Before adding Kool Aid.
After adding Kool Aid (2 cherry, 1 raspberry).
After dyeing. It took quite a bit of dye but the superwash wool I used took the dye the best! See those dark red ties? Yeah, they used to be blue!

I've decided to buy a really nice red cotton yarn for the shawl instead of using this one. I want it to be special and just a color she loves. Heather used a great red cotton yarn from Fiber Factory so....I may take a look at that this weekend.

I also knit a pair of preemie baby booties for the Preemie Project which also involves a contest for a great knitting basket/bag!
I also had a surprise phone message on my cell phone this morning. I had given one of my knitted bags in Phoenix Suns colors to the wife, of the Phoenix Suns Coach and she has apparently been carrying it to public appearances and it is creating a buzz.

Anyway, there was a voicemail on my cell phone this morning (the battery died yesterday) and apparently she was wondering if I might want to come on TV with her on Channel 3 later this month to talk about my bags. Um...yes? Free Advertising!!! I guess I better knit some bags because I have been a wee bit lax since the holidays.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am so happy for you!! Our Sarah is a star!

African Kelli said...

AHH! Sarah. I've got to get your winder thing back to you. I'm sorry that you are having to use a chair, although that yarn looks groovy!

Anonymous said...

I can see it now: you're going to have to give up your day job to make knits for celebrities!

Saun said...

Sarah HB, knitter to the stars! That is so cool!

Michellefinaz said...

Go Sarah, you'll have to tell us when you're on so I can TIVO it.

tocspaw said...

Congrats!! I'll have to watch...imagine....my SP on TV!