Thursday, February 23, 2006

To The Frog Pond!

There was something telling me for the last day on this sock that there was something not right. I couldn't put my finger on it and I am bang on gauge wise, but it just seemed too big.

So, the sock is now this!!! A nice ball of yarn. I think part of my problem is that this yarn is thicker than other sock yarn in my stash and so, made a much denser fabric than the thinner sock yarn. Anyway, I think it will be socks just on bigger needles and different pattern.
In political news, whenI lived in Fargo, there was 1 clinic in North Dakota and located in Fargo. Those in the Bible belt wanted to make ND an abortion free state by closing that one down (they have yet to succeed). I just don't understand WHY this is such a big issue. However, South Dakota is now on the same road as can be seen in an article here (courtesy of Melanie).


5 comments:

Heather said...

Well, that sucks. Think you can make the smaller size?

African Kelli said...

This doesn't make me happy either. I watched a Frontline special about how states in mid-American essentially bully all abortion providers out of the state. You cannot find a doctor willing to provide an abortion in Kansas, for example. It is absolutely ridiculous.

tocspaw said...

Ugh....this South Dakota thing has me riled up!!! I just don't understand why lawmakers feel the need to legislate a decision many of them will never face! And until they've walked a mile in those women's shoes, they can't possibly know what choice they would make themselves. They may think they know, but doesn't everyone until it comes right down to it?

YarnB said...

What is wrong with these people? I really can't believe that they think it is ok to take away the choice that women have fought for.

I would rather talk about fiber and yarn. Sarah, I love that sock yarn! It is beautiful. Lisa

Michellefinaz said...

That sock does look a bit huge, I'm sure you can come up with something different though.