Thursday, April 27, 2006

Candle Flame Stole

About 18 months ago, I knit A LOT of a the Candle Flame Shawl but just wasn't loving it so......I ripped it all out.

I loved the stitch pattern itself but in order to get a wide enough shawl, I would have had a very long point on the shawl. Plus, in the bulky yarn, it would have been way too HOT in Arizona, EVER.

The whole time I was knitting that shawl, I thought, I should really sit down and figure out how I can knit this shawl as a rectangular shawl. Of course, I never did.

However, when I got my Knitpicks Catalog yesterday, I saw that they had someone do it for me!

Yahoo! Don't you just love that yarn color too?

I am going to resist buy that yarn, for the moment, but I suspect I will do so in the not so distant future. I have to finish up some other projects and get through some more yarn before I buy more lace weight.

Um, wouldn't that be a really nice dressy shawl in a black??? OOOHHH....I have lace weight black, but I don't think I have enough. Drat!

4 comments:

African Kelli said...

Yes! That would be very pretty. The yarn in the photo is stunning. Love it!

sheep#100 said...

I really like the Shimmer in the Stained Glass colorway.

Saun said...

That is a nice looking stole. To bad knitpicks doesn't have a black laceweight. It would be really nice.

YarnB said...

I loved that stole when I saw it! Black would be very nice! I like the blue too. I want to make it but I think it is too advanced for me! I am behind on emails and I think i have one from you, thanks!