Monday, April 17, 2006

Places I've Knit: Redux

I found Kat's Contest through Celia's Blog.

1. Kirkenes, Norway (It was a very cold part of 10 months in Norway)
2. Train in London
3. On a beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4. Intermission at a Moody Blues Concert (Hubby was mortified but hey, we were just sitting there doing NOTHING.)
5. Many O' College Graduation Ceremony (ok, two: My brother Matthew's and my Mom's)

A few more:

6. Sitting on the terrace of a church atop Monserrate overlooking and standing in line to get into the Gold Museum in Bogota, Columbia.
7. "Hotel" room in Novosibirsk, Russia.
8. Stitch N Bitch at Coffee Rush every Tuesday! ;)
9. Hannah's school assembly, while waiting for her conferences to start, while waiting to pick her up.
10. The post office while waiting in line.

The list could go on forever. Maybe the list would be shorter where I DIDN'T knit!

Hmm.....I have been knitting for almost 20 years (since the fall of 1987) while living in Norway and my knitting has been with me most of that time. I knit in college, grad school, and "real life" since moving out the Phoenix in 1995. My knitting gets me through the day some days and mellows me no end.

I remember when LYS were rare beasts before the "huge" knitting boon the last few years and I used to order my yarn from a lady in Fargo, ND who would ship me the yarn with a bill inside and trust me to send her the check. I used to buy from her when I lived in Fargo so she knew me but still, what a huge amount of trust. Ah, the old Midwest thing!

Ok, enough waxing nostalgic for one day.

3 comments:

kat said...

love all the faraway places....

JerseyGirl said...

Places I've knit:
My aunt martha's apartment (she taught me how to knit when I was about 6 or 7) and the house I grew up in...both located in Merrillville, IN. My knitting phase lasted a few months and I never finished one project. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL - I would have loved seeing hubby's face when you got out your knitting during the intermission at the concert! (Love The Moody Blues, by the way!)