Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Project Spectrum Walk Down Our Street

I took a walk down our street yesterday afternoon and looked at it with "Project Spectrum" eyes.

This is what I saw:

Yellow wildflowers.
Red/Orange Lantana
Honeysuckle
Ocotillo Cactus
No idea...but pretty flowers that were part of a plant that looked like a desert grass.
Hibiscus
Another version of the "grass" flower.
Orange & Hot Pink Lantana
Barrel cactus
Wow, that is a lot of beautiful colors on my street alone! Thanks Lolly for thinking up this project! I see colors of the month in so many things.

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I love hibiscus blooms and yours are so lovely... sigh...it is so cold here today...

marie in florida said...

the tit bits are wonderful. the bits my mom had were so heavey she wouldn't use them and they sure didn't look as cute on the bedside stand!

kt said...

The grass flowers are daylilies!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the grass flowers are Dietes species. Wild iris. I think the second one is D. bicolor.

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantcd/dietesbicol.htm