Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Random Tuesday Stuff

My husband wonders why Simon always has scrapes, bumps and bruises on his head, knees, arms & legs. Um, could it be because the kid thinks he Spider Man and can climb anything???

He wants to talk to the boys next door so he just climbed up and is having a conversation with them and not worried at all about falling into the rocks or scraping his head on the concrete wall.

Hannah took the bus this morning. She was all into getting herself ready (in 10 minutes flat!) and walking down the street and across the main drag to get to the bus stop. I walked down to check on her but I know that I have to give her the responsibility and independence to make choices for herself. Um, I did see the 6th grade neighbor boy on my way back to the house and asked him to keep an eye on her. Ok, bad Mom but I worry about my INDEPENDENT 7 year old who wants to be 17 instead of 7.

Here is Bernice in her crocheted sweater. It is really pretty in person! Believe me, that was a lot of work because it was tiny yarn on a very small hook!

I have just figured out that I can request really great knitting books through inter-library loan! I have requested Mason-Dixon Knitting (I looked at Michelle's copy last night), Wendy Knits & the new Yarn Harlot book. I can't wait!!!!!

I seem to have too many knitting books that I don't LOVE once I get them so, I am going to test drive them through the library!

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

So, you got a cute older boy to check in on your little girl? Smooth move Mom. :)

Michellefinaz said...

I just accidentally let Jared peek at my computer and he saw Simon's up on the wall. Please, please please, don't let my 4 year old do the same thing. I'm sure he will though, he has been getting very brave lately.