Saturday, April 15, 2006

Project Spectrum & a Trip to Lee Lee's

Since I decided to jump on the project spectrum band wagon, I see the colors all around me.

Here is a very messy, but pretty yellow tree.

Another tree with some pretty flowers in the library parking lot.

And the ever present lantana.

We went to Yen Mi for dinner with Dad & Linda. It is a restaurant within Lee Lee's Market in Chandler. It is an Oriental market the size of a mainstream supermarket. The fish & meat section always amaze me and last night was not different. The red canopy you see above shows you the length of the meat section (it covers 80% of the back of the store) and the huge crowd is in front of the fish mongers on a Friday night.
The kids, especially Simon, love to see the fish tanks. By tomorrow night, these tanks will be pretty sparsely populated. The have bass, lobsters and Dungeness Crabs, to name a few things in the tank.
There always seems to be one bird flying around in the store. They come in through the front doors which are almost always open. We heard chirping, louder than normal, and I told David that there was a bird in, as usual. But, when we looked up, we saw furry birds and realized that there were two babies up in the rafters.
I rarely get to the adult beverage section of Lee Lee's. David usually runs over and gets his sake and as we are coming out of the restaurant and we head right to the veggie section.

As we got close, I saw this wine. I had to take a picture because the brand name was so fun.
This is the cold sake section. HUGE! I knew there were a lot of sake's in the world but did not realize there were quite so many as those represented here.
A trip through Lee Lee's is always an adventure and last night was no different!

3 comments:

YarnB said...

I love Lee Lees!!!!!!!!!!

African Kelli said...

I'm thinking I need to hold a theme related party, with lots of that wine and sake... I've never been to this grocery! I'm going to have to give it a whirl!
I hope your Easter was great. I'm looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

shadowlands said...

Oh - I love your picture of lantana - I moved out east 22 years ago, and I so miss lantana. I can almost smell it . . .