Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lace Leaf Shawl is Dyed & Blocked

Here is the before color:
And the after photo! I used 2 packages of black Dylon cold water dye. I let it soak for about 1.5 hours and it did dye pretty darned well.
However, it is not really black. It is a dark, dark mauve/purple black. The red & pink dyed pretty well but the yellow, as you can see in the middle below, is still just a wee bit lighter than the rest.
Ironically, the color matches very well with the irridescent beads I used on the edging. The pattern came out very well and the size will be perfect. Not too small and not too big.
A close up of the edging.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Sarah, I love it! Turned out so beautiful.

Michellefinaz said...

I love it, Sarah. I definitely like the dark color better than the bright ones.

sheep#100 said...

Amazing that that is the same shawl! The dye job was really good and the shawl itself is soo pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the swhawl really became different after the dying. It looks beautiful in the dark colour. And the pattern was great. So long from Norway.

YarnB said...

WOW! You did a great job on the dyeing. It is very even and the lace really shows up now! Also I LOVE LOVE your post below, especially the hibiscus flower! What a beautiful color! I should take a walk on my block and see what I find!

tocspaw said...

I think the lightness of the yellow gives the finished shawl a sense of depth it might not have had if it had dyed solid. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your blogg during a blogride in Dipsy's blogg. I viait her almost everyday, and got curious of the one she was visited .

Have a nice sunday