Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Finished Objects

Um, remind you of anything? Oh yeah, they are a set of tit bits. The yarn is Wildflower DK. I like it MUCH better than the Dale Stork. Don't get me wrong, I love Stork as a yarn, just like the thicker weight of this yarn. It gives the girls a little more perk.
Finished casting off the Lace Leaf Shawl during lunch. I had to employ one of Margene's First Rule of Knitting. It was 9:05 pm when I started to cast off last night. I thought I could do it but about 10 stitches into it, I realized it was time to go to bed and try today. I think it will block to just the right size after I dye it.
This is my first foray into adding beads to a knitted item. You can see them below...the black little dots embedded in the bright color. I originally worried that they would be too heavy for the shawl but since they are knitted in and attached securely, they don't seem to add much weight at all. It certainly will idiot proof (theoretically) the pinning of the points.
I am hoping to get to Joann's tomorrow and pick up some Dylon dye in black. Probably two packets since I have enough yarn to make another shawl in this color. I estimate the shawl took about 850 yards of lace weight yarn and was knit on size 5 addi turbos.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great boobs :) And I love the shawl!

sheep#100 said...

boobs, lace - very feminine!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, you need to use more dye than usual when you dye something black.

marie in florida said...

hello Sarah, thanks for stopping by to see me, yours are pretty too.
tittie pillows? what have i been missing?

Catherine Kerth said...

i love it! the yarn kind of grew on me... i am sure it will look so elegant when your done dying it ..can't wait to see! i wanted to use beads on mie but i used DK weight and i didn;t want huge beads on mine... i love the beads on yours..