Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Hannah & Simon started Saturday morning by making a fort in the bunk beds. I thought it was pretty good considering how tall the bed is vs. how short they are!

We dyed eggs...which took all of 5 minutes with two little ones that have no patience.

Simon got the orange color!

Our finished eggs.
Sunday morning started WAY too early. The kids got up at 5:57 am. (Today they get up at 6:30 am, what is up with that??). The found their baskets and the eggs around the house and Simon ate a lot of his candy! We went to Easter breakfast at church and got a ride from the parking lot in a golf cart.
After breakfast tehy had an egg hunt in the front lawn.
They got a lot of eggs with fun stickers and things in them to play with during the sermon!
Outside the house in our Easter best before the kids went looking for the eggs Grandpa & Grandma hid around the house with MORE candy and MONEY????!!!
We had a nice leg of lamb from Trader Joe's with David's roasted potatoes.

I am still knitting on the Lace Leaves shawl. I realized I was counting the repeats wrong because there were 3 BEFORE I got to the true repeat section and I should be pretty close to the sizes although I am going to still use the top edge length, pre-blocked, to determine when I start the edging because the yarn I am using is so fine.

4 comments:

Saun said...

You're family always take such nice and cute pictures.

Michellefinaz said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. Funny that church had a shuttle, but I guess it is necessary on a big holiday.

JerseyGirl said...

Love the easter photos! Looks like the kids had a great time. :)

Catherine Kerth said...

y'all are the cuteset family! bet you've heard that befroe huh? ack simon is orange! at least not like the uoompa loompa's ;) we didn't color eggs this year, my kitchen could not have taken the abuse!