Friday, April 07, 2006

Dugan's Farm

I went on Hannah's field trip yesterday with her class to Dugan's Farm in Chandler. Unfortunately, he will be closing this farm due to health reasons in the next few months.
This was one big horse! He is a "mini" Clydesdale work horse. Very sweet personality.
The kids got to milk the cows. Most thought it was cool but they all had some trepidation when going near the udders!
Kathlyn, Hannah & Wendy petting the miniature horse.
After we all got home yesterday we went to the library. Simon discovered that he could play games on the library computers so, here he is. It was so fun to hear him get all excited that he could do it! Of course, with the headphones on, he spoke quite loudly but he did a great job.
My newest project. The Lace Leaf Shawl from Fiber Trends. I am doing a two person KAL with Catherine. I'd show you a photo but you can't really see much.
I am making it out of Knit Picks Shimmer in Happy Dance.
I also learned something new in blogger today. You can upload more than one photo at a time by clicking on the add another image button. Duh...why did I not realize I could upload all my photos at one time before now? Ah well, live & learn.

Still like my hair today but if I want to get that look that I had in the photo on the blog, I need to buy a flat iron. I can say that it is a great cut that will look good either curly or straight!

I probably won't post again until Sunday because, hopefully, David & I will not be home. Grandma & Grandpa will be watching them this weekend while we go somewhere other than home. I just have to figure out WHERE!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Can I come?

Creative Genius? said...

oh the shawl is so pretty!!! you are a very calm person to be able to knit lace....

and the dairy farm - is he closing for health reasons or the sale of the land big $$$$ reasons?? :-)

African Kelli said...

Yay for family farms. I am sad they are closing. I hope one day when I'm a mom I can attend these types of events with my kids too. You do such a nice job photographing their days.